The sex workers forum was developed to guide broad directions of APNSW in terms of policy and programme. The objectives for the workshop were:
- How to run APNSW and institute governance structured based on APNSW manual, which is a living document. In the coming days we will decide who will be chairperson and three sex workers reps to form the APNSW Programme and Policy Committee (PPC) who will assist the APNSW secretariat in decision making on behalf of the larger sex worker forum. The selected chair and Selvi from APNSW BOD automatically sits on the PPC.
- Understand APNSW’s five year strategic plan (2009 – 2014) and what activities we can now tick off.
- Explanation of the policy shift which has lead to APNSW has lead to new funding including a regional consultation to be held in October in Pattaya (2010).
- Assessment to find out what communication tools we can work together.
- Sharing of country Sex Work and HIV issues at the national level (via film/documenting activity).
- To meet donor requirements of outputs.
Click below to download the full report